walkitout (walkitout) wrote,

what happened to Thursday?

I'm a little confused. It's Friday. There _must_ have been a Thursday. Maybe I can reconstruct it.

(1) More house painting, including a couple trips to assess the red for the garage (first time waaaay too light; second time lighter than the current stain, but good).

(2) TV delivery: the 46" for R.'s b-day/father's day arrived. Huge. But cool. Seems to work. Some reviews said it was great and then died during the first week. I figure if we make it through the next few days, I'll quit worrying.

(3) Yard guys arrived, because it was Thursday. Fortunately, they figured out a way to deal with painters without my involvement.

I called the electrician, who today came out and put in the circuit for the freezer in the basement. The freezer in the basement appears to work, which is good, because our first CSA pickup is Saturday. I'm hoping to start doing some serious cooking/freezer stocking in the next few weeks in preparation for post-partum no-time-to-cook. With T., we thought we'd actually lined up a cook for those months, but she got sick around the time I had T., and then quit returning our calls and just basically disappeared. Discouraging, to say the least.

This time, I'm going to have a stocked freezer, and hope it doesn't break, or the power doesn't die and the generator fail to work or any of the other things that could conceivably go wrong with a freezer full of food.

I think Thursday must have largely involved hanging around the house waiting for people who needed about 2 and a half minutes of my time. Well, and keeping T. from doing anything really loopy.

I may also have been reading FlyerTalk, which is a horrible, but fascinating, waste of time.

ETA: Oh, yeah. I remember now. For some reason that currently escapes me, I decided to sweep the mudroom. The painters had moved the contents around in order to paint (they put them back relatively well, but you know how it goes), and it was really obvious how badly it needed to be swept. T. was sitting in the BOB with no major jones to do anything, so I imposed order (returned toys to bins, balls to bin, reassembled partially fallen apart shoe rack, minimized cardboard boxes, etc), then started sweeping. It was a much longer process than I anticipated. By the end of it, I just sat down and waited for R. to arrive home, at which point we got take-out because I had no particular dinner plan (well, _I_ was going to have pancakes and berries, but I didn't know what anyone else was going to eat).

ETA2: And I folded laundry and brought in diapers from the line (carefully checking each and every item for wasps). This is, ultimately, why housework is so depressing. You can spend hours on it, and never quite remember what exactly it was you did.

ETA3: I also unpacked the valet/charging station I got for R. (nominally) from KangaRooM. The little holes are too small for the charger cord for the Treo to pass through. Lame. Otherwise, a nifty item, and one which R. appears to have wholeheartedly adopted, once I set it up and started loading the stuff he leaves on the bar into it.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.